Thursday, November 29, 2012

My MRSM years.


disclaimer: long entry ahead. reminiscing my years in MRSM. 

Wearing socks is a must in MRSM. All praises be to Allah, from taking it as a habit, I started to understand that my feet are also part of my aurah to be covered. Most probably, if I were not to enter MRSM, I won't be wearing socks every time I went out from the house. (though my umi's wearing it)

And oh, I just love the feeling of sitting at the field. My friends and I would be sitting only at the corner or at the gazebo to take some fresh air since the field is surely conquered by the guys. Entering MRSM makes me become more awkward with the opposite gender, I indirectly learn about ikhtilat. Though I only know about ikhtilat after I found tarbiyyah.

My roommates are so gila-gila that I become all gila-gila too. We had our embarrassing moments, we laugh and fight, we cry and get hurt. I learn to be more tolerant, I accept them the way they are as much as I wanted them to accept me the way I am.

DS's (dewan selera) cats are so dear to us. I remember one of the cats has only one eye. There's this one time my compound-mates and I take care of poor little kitten which eyes have problem. 

I own my first camera as a present for my achievement in PMR. It was an Olympus. One night, my roommates and I wanted to take our picture together during the prep. We studied at the *I-Dont-Remember-The-Name-Of-The-Place* 

I set the camera timer and put it on top of our books. Mind you, Kuantan is always windy as far as I remember. I was being unfortunate when the cover of one of the books flipped and causing the camera to fall on the ground from the table. It falls hard, real hard. I was startled. I tried to fix the lens but it seems to be broken. Since the incident, the pictures that I take is no longer of good quality.

I wanted a new camera, but ayah didn't want to buy it for me. Ayah wanted me to become more responsible for my belongings. Hence I used my saving to buy a new Samsung camera for me. This Samsung camera was so dear to me, until I've my Nikon. :')

*amboi macam karangan cerita pasal kamera*

The names of my roommates and I. We did form a club for fun. I couldn't believe I was really gila-gila back then. Haha. I miss them, big times.

One of the special thing about MRSM is we have the Mock Interview. We're exposed to how the interview for scholarship is done. The panels are our teachers. And for top students, they've panel from outside. Since they've more potential of getting straight A's and getting the scholarship I guess. Hihi. I was just an average student, alhamdulillah. :)

"Zahidah, kau tinggi, mesti pandai main netball." said few of my friends.
Truth is, I'm not good at playing netball nor that I fancy the game. Ehe. I prefer basketball more. I started to fall in love with basketball after the first time I played basketball for inter-class tournament. I'm not that good though. It's just that I love the sports. :)

I was the vice president for badminton club. I actually volunteered myself to be the vice president since none of the girls wanted to be one. Haha. Tak malu betul. But I learnt a lot along the way, all praises be to Allah. At times, the president purposely being all sarcastic to me. Memang banyak kena sabar, belajar kawal emosi bila nak interact dengan spesis Adam ni. Kalau sama-sama nak cari pasal memang kerja tak jalan. I've to be professional when it comes to work.

I was the member of Puteri Islam since primary school up to my years in JESS, Bangi. Seeing how inactive the club was, I decided to go for something different, something more adventurous. Hence, I entered Kadet Polis. But I'm not good at kawad kaki, hahaha. Dasar koordinasi tak betul. Alhamdulillah, Kadet Polis taught me to be more tough. And I just love all the outdoor activities! 

Le matrics card. :)

Alhamdulillah, ayah let me take the flight. The last time I naik kapal terbang, I was 1 y/o plus plus, balik dari Liverpool masa ayah study kat sana. Dah besar ni tak dan nak ke overseas naik kapal terbang, pergi balik Kuantan pun jadi ler. Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah.

 Life as one of the editorial board. SINTESIS is the name of our mag.

Sleepless nights, working at the computer lab, learning to manage the stress when being urged to complete the work quickly.





If I were to share the whole memories I have in Kuantan, one blog post wouldn't be enough. In a way, I'm thankful that I didn't enter any Islamic school. Allah surely has planned the best for me. He wanted me to find Islam by myself, with His guidance after my schooling years. But the foundation I've from my years in MRSM, surely played a great role in my life. Alhamdulillah, thummalhamdulillah. :)

No comments: