Friday, December 21, 2012

Dreams.


Ever since I was in primary school, I've been a listener to my friends' problems. I don't talk too much unless with the people I'm comfortable with. Hence I listen more. When the friends around me have the dreams of becoming a doctor, I dream of being a psychiatrist. I was in Standard 5.

Upon entering secondary school, my dream changed into becoming a psychologist. Psychology has been one of my major interest. Each time I did the personality test, the results would be in the area of social. Lists of careers that suit my personality according to the test are such as social worker, doctor, etc (couldnt remember all of them). 

Then I entered MRSM. That's where I suddenly wanted to become a doctor. Most probably medicine and engineering are the major courses people in the college are aiming for. I went with the flow. Wanting to be a doctor. I simply want to be a doctor because I wanted to help people. I want to give back. Plus I don't like to work within the working hours. I don't like to be in an office in front of the computer. I know I need something that needs to get me moving all the time. 

But my SPM results didn't allow me to further into medicine. I jumped into Diploma in Science with the dream of pursuing medicine. Somehow along the way, I realized my capability. People who are taking medicine are just wonderful. I always pray that they're going to cure not only the physical illnesses, but also the hearts of the patients. 

One of my good friends, back then asked me what I wanted to be. And this is what I told him,

"Aku pun taktau sebenarnya. Banyak sangat benda yang aku minat. Yang aku tau aku nak jadi volunteer. Tu je."

Volunteering. That's where I found my passion the most.

Now I'm thinking of furthering into Psychology and specializing in children psychology, but I'm also interested with Food & Science Technology and wanted to be a specialize in the halal area. Between wanting to do something that I really like and doing something that I have to do. 

My umi and ayah exposed me quite a lot to 'halal' matter. They taught me to read the ingredients of the foods we wanted to eat. I've been very particular with that that I think sometimes my friend get annoyed by me. Haha. It's just that I've been taught such way. Many people are still ignorant of how important it is to eat from halalan toyyiban source.

Allah.

Ayah said that I've got to do istikharah. Umi says so. Even kakcik told me the same.

May it be for the ummah;

InshaAllah.

No comments: